The organization started in 2007 with income generating activities, poultry keeping and later tree nurseries with green houses. Later in 2013 it got registered as a CBO then upgraded to an NGO targeting girl child mentorship.
The organization currently has 32 members. Activities involved in:
- Energy Conversation
- Livelihood Projects
- To promote, develop, protect and empower the community directly aimed at eradicating poverty, conserving the environment, access to education, health care and welfare.
- To make the society live a life of dignity, justice at individual level.
- Capacity building to increase skills and knowledge
- To exchange ideas with other groups
- To obtain new friends for motivation purposes to strive on.
- To freely exchange ideas and get partners
- Collaborate with other serious groups to facilitate growth
- To be good ambassadors of HNK in all aspects
- To be part of the success of HNK